Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Oh Izzy...part 2

Yesterday morning I woke up to Izzy crying "Mmmaaaammmaaaaa".  I went in to get her and she had thrown up ALL over her crib.  It was everywhere.  She didn't have a fever, but she definitely wasn't her chipper self. She seemed to get better throughout the day.  Today was the first day of school and I was heading in with Izzy to say hi to the kids and my jobshare partner.  On the way, Izzy starts throwing up again!  Poor boo girl.  It was seriously like a faucet was turned on.  Luckily all the puke was on her and the car seat.  When we got home, I unstrapped the car seat and carried Izzy in it into the house.  Immediately stripped her down, put her in the bath, snuggled with her and put her to bed.  I went downstairs to clean up the car seat by taking it back outside to rinse off then taking all the pads off,  however my lovely dog Roy had done most of it for me.  GROSS!  He had licked up all the puke.  GROSS! To add to an even more frustrating day, I can't figure out how to take the pads off to wash them.  Guess we won't be going anywhere for awhile!  The joys of motherhood...

5 comments:

thuriks said...

oh my the projectile vomit is the worst. Being a Mom some days only consists of cleaning and then cleaning up and then cleaning up again. Hang in there dear it sounds like just a little bug that should go quick.

Anonymous said...

Hey Jess,

Just wondering... how long did you breastfeed Izzy for?

Sarah

Justin, Jessica, Tyson, Isaiah and now Izzy (Roy too!) said...

I breastfed for 7 mo. around 4 mo. she was getting partial formula.

Donnie and Jen Brown said...

sad! poor little baby girl, i hate that!

Keri said...

Poor Izzy! Hope all is better now - let's get together this week!